Tending to yourself is the most loving thing you can do for yourself.
It's not a selfish thing to do. You can then extend that love out to others.
Our society moves at a fast pace 24/7 it seems like there is no shut off time. Suppose one doesn't know how to stop and connect with rhythms and cycles of life. It leads to exhaustion and ungroundedness. Which then leads to illness and disease.
All work and no play is something that also throws us off balance. I love the questions, "When is the last time I laughed, danced, or sang?" These things are so essential for our wellbeing and vitality. I know when I feel the need to reconnect, and if I know, those around me can certainly pick up on it too.
These ideas are just suggestions. Take what you like and leave the rest.
Here are 12 ideas for Self-Care
1. If you don't feel right doing it, don't do it.
2. Speak your truth with love, not brutally.
3. Trust your inner compass. It's your guide.
4. Don't be a people pleaser. To thine own self be true!
5. Don't speak negatively about yourself. Put the butt-kicking machine away!
6. Follow your dreams!
7. Saying no is a complete sentence. There's no need to explain.
8. Say Yes to opening doors!
9. Be kind to yourself and love yourself.
10. Let go of things you absolutely have no control over.
11. Say no to drama and unhealthy situations.
12. Be in gratitude and share that love and light with others.
Please share with me the 1-3 things you will practice.
May you be well!